Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support software and helpdesk solution. It is a platform with a comprehensive set of tools and features to help businesses support all the needs of their customers. Companies around the world use it to deliver exceptional customer service and experience. They are able to streamline their processes and provide multi-channel support. The software also helps customer agents become more productive through automations and game mechanics.
Features, Benefits, Product Strengths
Ticketing, Knowledge Base, Community Forums
Multi-channel, Multi-product, Multi-lingual Support
Automations, Gamifications, Mobile, Integrated Apps, and more
How to install SMS Alert for Freshdesk.
First login into Freshdesk, Follow these below steps:-
- Click Setting icon (left side bottom)
- Type App into search input.
- Click on Apps tab. See below image.
Now click on Get More Apps button
- Now type SMS Alert into search app input field and click enter key.
- There is SMS Alert App into App list, now click on SMS Alert App.
- Now click Install button for install SMS Alert App.
How To Configure SMS Alert.
- Here you need to go to the SMS Alert installation page option and then click on the settings tab.
- Now configure General Settings
- Enter SMS Alert Username and Password and click verify & continue button.
- After getting verify successfully message, choose sendderid from drop down.
- Right side of setting page there is Freshdesk Api input field which is optional. If you want to send outgoing SMS to Agent when a ticket is assigned to other agent then Freshdesk Api is required, otherwise leave empty.
Now configure Custom Template
Click on Sms Template tab for template setting. Use these tags as shown in the example to enrich your outgoing messages.
- Change In Ticket Status : write sms template for the outgoing SMS when the status of a ticket changes.
ex. Hello there, status of Ticket #[ticket_number], changed from [old_status] to [new_status].
- On Ticket Assignment : write sms template for the outgoing SMS when when a ticket is assigned to other agent. For using this service Freshdesk Api is required.
ex. ex. Hello [assign_to], Ticket #[ticket_number] is assigned to you by [assign_by].
Check Available Credits
- Click on Credits tab for getting your available credit.
- Now click on Install button
- When you got a message “App installation parameters have been successfully stored”, then you are ready to use Freshdesk SMS notification using SMS Alert.
Where/How To Use SMS Alert Notification.
Send Direct Message
- Go to ticket details page
- On the right-side-ticket-bar there is SMS Alert (SMS) icon, click on that, a box will appear.
- Write your sms content and click on Send Now button. Please note that your ticket must have valid mobile number.
On Ticket Status Change
- Go to ticket details page
- On the right side of ticket details there is Status drop down, click on that and choose required option.
- Please note that your must configured status template on installation page. If already configured then click on Update button.
On Agent(Assign) Change
- Go to ticket details page.
- On the right side of ticket details there is Assign To drop down, click on that and choose required agent.
- Please note that your must configured assign template and Freshdesk Api on installation page. If already configured then click on Update button.