Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer support and helpdesk solution. Companies around the world use it to deliver exceptional customer service and experience. The software also helps customer agents become more productive through automations like SMS Alert.
- In your Freshdesk account, click on setting icon in menu.
- Click on Apps tab.
- Now click on Get More Apps button
- Search for SMS Alert and click on SMS Alert App.
- Now click Install button.
- Open SMS Alert app from your installed apps.
- Enter your www.smsalert.co.in username and password in General Settings Tab.
- Click on Verify and Continue Button
- Select your SMS Alert senderid
- Enter your Freshdesk API Key(required only if you want to use SMS Alert app automations)
- Click on Save Button
Configure Automation Templates
- Click on SMS templates tab.
- write SMS Content to be sent at particular event.
- Use tokens as required to enrich your outgoing messages.
- Click on Save Button.
- On Ticket Status Change – An automated SMS can be sent to customer, whenever the status of his ticket changes, for eg, an SMS can be sent informing customer that his ticket has been resolved, and he can reopen the ticket in case not resolved to satisfaction.
- On Agent Assign – An automated SMS can be sent to the agent, if a new ticket has been assigned to him.
Send Direct Message
- Go to ticket detail or on contact detail page
- On the right side click on SMS Alert icon.
- Write your sms content and click on Send Now button.