How Can i integrate SMS Alert plugin Microsoft Outlook.
The Outlook plugin is dynamic and helps keep e-mail in check. By integrating our plugin with Outlook you can manage your e-mails smartly. You get SMS notifications about your upcoming appointments & calendar events. Each time you get a new mail in your inbox you get a notification via SMS. Important e-mails can be sent to you as SMS. This way you have your own personal assistant!
In order to use the SMS ALERT OMS Service you will need Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 installed on your computer. You do not need to download or install any additional software in order to use this service.
Initial Set Up
- Load outlook, select Tools->Account settings.
- Click ‘New’ and select other -> Outlook Mobile Service (Text Messaging), Click Next. Insert the following information into the text boxes you are presented with
- Web Service Address: – SMS ALERT OMS URL https://oms.smsalert.co.in
- User ID: Sender Id for eg: CV****
- Sender ID: Approved sender ID shared by the support team
- Password: Api_Key
Sending a Text Message
- Open Outlook and click the ‘down arrow’ next to ‘New’, select ‘Text Message’ from the list.
- Enter mobile number(s) of recipient(s) and type message to send.
- Click ‘Send’ and your message will be delivered.
- The message will now arrive on the handset. It will appear to come from the Sender ID.
Viewing Sent Items
- All the text messages sent from this account will be listed in the sent Items folder of outlook.
- The messages listed under sent items are just sent, to check the delivery status you need to visit our sent Items section in the SMS account shared with you.
Automatically send appointment remainders to your phone
- If you wish to receive appointment reminders from your calendar on your mobile phone, please follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook and go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications (under Mobile).
- Ensure the ‘Send to mobile numbers:’ number is correct.
- Tick the appropriate boxes and settings to receive appointment reminders.
- Click ‘OK’ to activate these settings