If customer has forgotten his WooCommerce store password and wants to reset his password. Then he can reset his password through OTP verification using OTP For Reset Password.
Enable the OTP For Reset Password
- Click on SMS Alert in the menu (under Woocommerce)
- Navigate to OTP Settings
- Enable OTP For Reset Password
- Click on save changes
If customer forgets his password
- Go to Account page of the WooCommerce Site.
- Under Login form click on “Lost your password?”
- Enter either your Username or Email id, that you used while registering and Click on Reset Password button.
- A OTP (One Time Passcode) will be sent to the mobile number associated with the account.
- Enter the OTP received and click Validate OTP.
- A Change Password window will be appeared. Enter the New password here and Click on Change password.
- Password has been reset successfully.
What if the user do not have a number in his account?
Then instead of OTP, a password reset email will be sent on the associated email id.