SMS Alert wordpress plugin supports various multivendor plugins, and it does not require any special configuration to activate this feature. Below are a few multi vendor plugins that we support.
- Dokan Multivendor Marketplace
- WC Marketplace
- When a vendor registers on a multivendor marketplace, SMS Alert plugin can verify his mobile number with a one time password. In multivendor marketplaces a vendor is registered as a user on wordpress with a different role(depending on plugin you use).
- OTP for registration must be activated to use this feature. Please read here for more details.
- SMS Alert plugin can send a welcome SMS to vendor on registration, SMS from Customer Templates “When a new user is registered” is sent to the vendor. Please read here for more details.
- In woocommerce products are created as a post, and in case of vendors, products are created by them, and so technically they become the post authors. So to send SMS to vendors on new orders the first and only step is to configure the vendor number field in SMS Alert.
- To do this navigate to SMS Alert plugin General Settings, and in “send admin sms to” dropdown select Post Author, you can write the admin number as well there manually, if you want admin should also be notified for new orders.
- Now we have configured SMS Alert plugin to send order confirmation SMS’s to vendors. The vendor SMS templates will be picked from Admin Templates.
OTP Verification for Vendor Registration
Welcome SMS on Signup
Notification to vendor on Order Updates